Thursday, December 24, 2009

Not a Creature Was Stirring, Not Even A Mouse...

I love presents. I love opening them, I love giving them, I love pulling off a huge surprise that you just know captured the essence of the giftee. As I get older, though, the presents themselves stop meaning as much as the time spent with family, and instead serve more as a symbol of the relationships we share. A lot of my peers are talking about what made this a great year, and what "presents" they are thankful for. In favor of my lust for lists, I think this is a great idea. So here it goes:

  • My family and I are alive and safe and enjoying each others' company
  • My adorable cat is curled up by the fire and I know that after I post this and go over to pet her sleeping form, she'll let out the cutest puff and whine of air you've ever heard
  • I started nursing school and maybe for the first time in my life, I worked hard for straight A's, something I am much more proud of than the 4.0 I never worked for in high school
  • I've won the respect of my teachers
  • Out of all the medical problems me and my family have had this year, we are all improving and in relatively good health
  • My family and I moved into a lovely new house this year, with built-in bookcases!
  • I've had at least six different shades of hair this year, and had the confidence to pull it off
  • My car passed its inspection
  • It's going to be a white Christmas!
  • I continue to be inspired by all the beauty that surrounds me, and have created some beautiful and accomplished pieces myself
  • I have not given up on myself

So there it is, a small small small taste of all the presents I have been given and have given myself this year. Not too bad, is it? I hope your lists are just as long and you all have a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment