Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm Alive!

I'm so sorry for not posting anything this week, starting classes has been even more hectic than I had thought it would be. I apologize that this post is a little rushed, but I will try to be better about posting now that the initial frenzy is over.

This week I thought I would write about something that is very near to my heart: gay rights. I spent a long time trying to come up with my thoughts on the subject, but my words seem to be failing me tonight. So instead I'll just talk about what brought this post on...or rather, who. Cindy McCain has thrown her support of overturning proposition 8 into the ring, posing for a campaign with NOH8.Image from Adam Bouska and the NO H8 campaign


I think anyone who adds their face to this cause is amazing, but Cindy McCain just floored me with her support. There are so many things to love about this, I don't even know where to start. I think most importantly is that she is now making a huge impact on what people think it means to be a republican. I'm a libertarian, but anything we can do to make this issue one about basic rights and not partisan politics is a step in the right direction, and I applaud Cindy McCain (and daughter Meghan too) for such a courageous move.

Thanks for reading, and I promise next week I will try to post much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment