Friday, January 1, 2010

Spring Cleaning




I love fresh-cut flowers, especially in winter when it can get so gloomy. Tulips are some of my favorite, they're making me feel like spring is just around the corner!

And what better way to celebrate the impending spring season than with some pasta...um...yeah. So here's my recipe goodness for the day! I made Giada De Laurentiis' Farfalle with Turkey Sausage, Peas and Mushrooms, and it was delicious!


I couldn't find the cheese that she specified in the recipe, so I just went with a Parmigiano-Reggiano instead. I would give this recipe a solid four stars out of five. Very tasty. For dessert I made a yellow-butter sheet cake, and that ended my day full of yum ^_^

On a different note, I finished Brave New World, and it definitely lived up to expectations. Fahrenheit 451 is still my favorite "scary future apocalyptic" book, but Brave New World comes in a very close second. To continue with the theme, I'm starting 1984 tonight. What books have you been reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment