Thursday, February 4, 2010

What's In A Dream?

Okay, I had the weirdest dream last night. What do I think about the minute I wake up? I need to write a blog about it, of course. I don't know how you would interpret this one, and to be honest I'm not sure I want to know...

So it started out at a hair salon. I was going to a new person and he started cutting my hair and when he was about halway done he left. I knew he left because I could see him getting in the back of a van with like five other people. I thought that was a little weird, but I figured he just had to make sure they got through the gate (we were at some kind of military base). After about 15 minutes I went to the front desk and told them that my hairdresser had split, and right then he comes walking in the door. Awkward moment, right? But not really, it seems like there are no hard feelings and he starts cutting my hair again. But now something seems a little off, like when someone compliments you and then they just keep staring a little too long. He seemed a little too happy to be chopping of my locks. For some reason, I let him convince me to go for a drive (huh?). The drive is taking a long time and after a while I get to the point where I realize that something is wong (you think?). I ask him to pull over but he doesn't so now I know that this is some kind of kidnapping scenario, and I'm trying to think of how I can get away. Eventually he stops on his own though, and now we get to the really weird part. We are now walking through a pirate convention/festival (that's right, I said pirates). I'm asking people for help but they're pirates so they really don't care that I'm being kidnapped. I elbow the guy in the gut and I run away to the back of one of the tents. He catches me again, and now I know that no one is going to help me. How do I know this? Because the tent is full of children torturing people with kite strings...yes, kite strings. The people were wrapped up in the strings and somehow the children flew them like they were kites but instead of flying they were just a huge bundle of pain and misery (say what?). So to be honest I was probably better off with Creepy McCreepster. I decide to do what every self-defense class says you should and I yelled fire. Well, everyone just ran away from us then because they thought something was on fire. So finally I channeled my inner Miss Congeniality and I stomped on his instep and elbowed him in the gut again and I turned around, and you're supposed to smash his nose in but I didn't think I would do it right so I punched him in the balls instead. And then I ran away and called a taxi and started going home but I could see he was following me so I went to the police station instead...and then I woke up.

What is my malfunction?

9 comments:

  1. And I thought my wife had weird dreams.
    I can't even venture a guess.
    I'd tell you to see a shrink, but that would not be polite, so I won't.
    My first shrink was interested in dreams. The only time he would write anything down was when I mentioned a dream. I'm not very good at remembering them in such detail though.
    I have recurring dreams about going to school [I didn't like school] I don't know where my classes are, I lose my books, I still have to register...
    I've had a couple about a class reunion [my fortieth is this year] omg i'm so old.
    My best friend from hs and college recurs in my dreams. Haven't seen him in more than 20 years.
    I have dreams about my parents' home, the old garage and what was stored in there and we have to clean it out and maybe tear it down.
    and we have holes dug. and I want to cut the grass for my parents before I go back to school.
    the last one, my brother was mad at me because i didn't do my share of the chores, even though I live over 300 miles away....

    Anyway, sorry, I can't help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, someone get this girl a therapist, stat!

    Just kidding, isn't it amazing how weird dreams can be - did you eat cheese before bed? Apparently that's supposed to give you strange dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gregory: I have dreams about friends that I haven't seen in years too! And usually I don't remember my dreams in great detail but for some reason I did for this one.

    Kelly (is that right?): Does fake cheese count? Because I definitely ate cheetos last night...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I think that sometimes your brain just has some fun while you sleep! That's my unofficial diagnosis! Thanks for sharing! I'm curious, though, were you exhausted when you woke up from all that adventure and ass kicking?

    Here's my weird dream: when I was still married to my ex-husband, I had a dream I was making out with a boy I dated in high school. I hadn't seen that boy in years, but there he was in my dream! Skip ahead 5 years, my husband split, and guess who called me out of the blue? Yep, high school sweetheart boy!! We've been married 15 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AFANM (^_^): Now that I think about it I was a little tired when I woke up...but then again I'm always tired when I wake up. And that is weird! Small world we live in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some dreams wake me up. I'm actually kicking or talking.
    That's why TW and I have separate rooms now.

    I love Anything's story. That is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate - I have always been fascinated by dreams and believe they should be interpreted for insight into our lives. Each dream is unique to the dreamer though so I would get together with a friend and talk about what each feature of the dream means to you. Then you may be able to make sense out of it. One of the best books I've read on the subject is "Dream Power", I think, and I'll have to get back to you on the author. Sweet Dreams - London

    ReplyDelete
  8. London: I'll definitely check that book out!

    ReplyDelete